can you deny you sent a signed e-mail?

Jim Hendrick jrhendri at maine.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 20:59:04 CEST 2004

It is usually more useful to be able to indicate you *did* send an email,
sign a document, etc.

To be useful for non-repudiation, you need to have a policy that states you
are responsible for all actions using your account/key/whatever and you are
expected to use proper care to protect that account/key/whatever.

Similar to if you are issued a physical door key and claim "it wasn't me,
somebody stole my keys". You may introduce reasonable doubt, but you also
reduce your own credibility (in that event and in the future).

Jim