new install - old version number

Samuel ]slund samuel at Update.UU.SE
Wed Apr 28 10:14:39 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 09:53:20AM -0400, Brian Mahern wrote:
> I downloaded, compiled and installed the latest version of GnuPG (1.2.4).  When I run it from the command line with the --version command it still shows the older version. (1.0.6), but when it used in through Enigmail the signed message indicates the the newer version.  What gives?  Which is it?

You probably have the older version in your path.
Try using the full path to the gpg executable you compiled, that should
give you the correct version.
If you are using an Unix-like system try "which gpg" to see what
executable you are using from the command line.
On windows I would try to search for gpg.exe to see if any unexpected
or old turns up.

HTH
//Samuel