Moving from PGP to GnuPG and other questions ...

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Wed Apr 28 17:00:27 CEST 2004

At one time a client was sending us files encrypted with IDEA (they were a
PGP shop).  Found that there were no prefs on the key that had been
generated by GnuPG.  So, I edited the key, set the preferences and had the
client update their keyring.  They no longer send us files encrypted using
IDEA.

So, yes, a PGP client will honor the preferences set by GnuPG.

--Steve Butler
Oracle Administrator
First Choice Health Network
Seattle, WA USA