Partial body length encoding for Compressed packets

Hasnain Mujtaba hmujtaba at forumsys.com
Sun Aug 8 00:11:59 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I am working with RFC2440 partial body length (PBL) encoding for my app.
I have noticed that even though GPG's Encrypted Data Packets are cut
into partial body length (PBL) chunks, the enclosed Compressed Data
Packets are encoded using indeterminate lengths, rather than PBLs. Is
this the default behavior for GPG and if so for what reasons?

If possible, I would like GPG to create both compressed data packets and
enclosed literal data packets using PBL encoding. Is there some way to
force enable this feature?

Thanks,
Hasnain.