kmail doesn't recognize s/mime support in gpg

Karl Pizzolatto karlandtanya at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 14:01:21 CEST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
Sent: Aug 30, 2004 1:42 PM
To: Karl and Tanya Pizzolatto <karlandtanya at earthlink.net>
Cc: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
Subject: Re: kmail doesn't recognize s/mime support in gpg

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:27:03 -0400, Karl and Tanya Pizzolatto said:

> gpgme-0.3.16
> cryptplug-0.3.16

> I am using kde-3.3.

Cryptplug is only used with old kmails; the latest kmail requires an
up-to-date gpgme (i.e. 0.9.0).  Don't know whey kmail does not check
for this.

  Werner

Ah.  I begin to see.
Your August 2 post recommending gpgme 0.3.16 only applies to kmail versions using cryptplug.

Do I correctly understand that kmail packaged with kde-3.3 does not require cryptplug?

I will remove cryptplug and build the latest gpgme, then report back to the list.

Thank you for the suggestion.