Compile GnuPG 1.4 under cygwin?

Jeroen Budts jeroen at lightyear.be
Tue Dec 28 09:55:05 CET 2004

John Clizbe wrote:
> Jeroen Budts wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to compile GnuPG 1.4.0 using cygwin on WinXP?
>> When i try to run the configure script everything seems to work fine
>> (see output below), but when i then do 'make' i get some errors..
>
> There always seems to be some additional changes to Cygwin builds. You
> might want to look at the existing Cygwin GnuPG source, IIRC, version
> 1.2.4 - there's a 90k patch to the gnupg tarball.
>
> Since you're coming from a Windows environment, you should probably
> consider MinGW/MSys with a few optional pieces from the SourceForge
> GnuWin32 project.

Yes maybe that's indeed better. I already had a look on the document
that explains building GnuPG using MingW [1] but since i already have
cygwin on my system and MingW seems to try to do about the same as
cygwin but in a different way, it seemed a bit like installing the same
software twice to me... (but maybe that's a wrong interpretation)

In the how-to they say to modify two files: the configure-script and
seat.test. Looking at the configure script in gnupg 1.4 these changes or
not necessary anymore (the how-to is for 1.3.92), since a precompiler if
statement was added. However seat.test is still the same so does it
needs the change from the how-to?

I'll try it this evening :)

Thanks!
Jeroen