MUA questions

Ralph Angenendt ra at br-online.de
Thu Feb 5 12:24:33 CET 2004

Atom 'Smasher' wrote:
>> I don't even think it's a question, inline is more widely supported.
>> That's unfortunate, as PGP/MIME has the advantage of being defined in
>> an RFC and can properly deal with all types of mail messages and
>> formats, whereas inline breaks pretty quickly when you feed it much
>> more than plain old ASCII.  Inline also doesn't do anything for your
>> attachments, making your job harder if you want to sign and encrypt a
>> message to a friend and include an attachment.
>
> the body of an email should really only contain plain-old ascii.

Err. No. I cannot even write the names of several people I know just
using plain ascii. Neither can I write all the words I use in day to day
e-mail just using plain ascii. It might work for the english speaking
folks out there, who aren't from german/swedish/whatever ancestry, but
other languages *depend* on characters which cannot be found in the
ascii charset.

And for these people inline signing *does* break extremely quickly.

Just sharing my € 0.02,

Ralph