change the location ~/.gnupg

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 12:07:47 CET 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:31:36AM +0000, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> G'day Patrick,
>
> * Patrick Tchoquessi <Patrick.Tchoquessi at iem.fh-friedberg.de> [040211 11:22]:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to change the location where the keyring and other file like
> > gpg.conf etc. are store
> > to another location.
> > Can Somebody tell me what I Have to do
>
> RTFM !!!
>

>   --homedir directory
>        Set  the  name  of  the  home  directory to directory If this
>        option is not used it defaults to  "~/.gnupg".  It  does  not
>        make sense to use this in a options file. This also overrides
>        the environment variable "GNUPGHOME".

Remember that the amended homedir would have to be specified for all gpg
usage, including scripts, email clients and the like. If this is a
desktop / user system, that could be a real pain. homedir is more useful
for remote automated environments where the only execution of gpg is by
customised scripts etc.

What are you wanting to accomplish?