Install gnupg on a network drive (win2K)

Jeroen Budts jeroen at lightyear.be
Thu Feb 12 21:23:07 CET 2004

John Clizbe wrote:

| You are probably using roaming profiles on Win2000 so that every
| time you login, all your files and settings follow you.

Well... not really (should have told it). We have a H:-drive which is
mounted when we log-on, but it does not contain our setting :-(. Every
time when a student logs on to a computer, where he hasn't logged on
before, a directory is created under c:\documents and settings for
that student (named with our logincode). (this is also very
frustrating when you by example install mozilla firefox on your
h:-drive because you always lose your setting :s )

| I'd prefer Nullify in this case since the installer handles almost
| correctly setting the PATH and registry entries which are a common
| vexation to new windows installations.

This is indeed a very nice installer. When I started using GnuPG I
also had problems installing it, but I did it using WinPT tools, which
also works well. Thought for an installation at school the nullify
installer would be better indeed.

| The installer will have set the PATH in the system environment
| table. Which works is you're always using the same machine, but not
| if you move around. Access the environment variables from Control
| Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables.

Is it possible to add this value to PATH using a commandline and only
for the current session? Doing it this way i would be able to write a
batch file which i could start before i use GnuPG. Or am I wrong?

| Enjoy. Write back if you have any other questions

Thank you for your very helpful answer :-)

Kind regards,
Jeroen

- --

- -------