ez-pine-gpg

Nicholas Paul Johnson nickjohnson at virginia.edu
Thu Feb 12 18:30:45 CET 2004

>(IMHO) i think they kick ass.
>
>it's done in bourne shell. for speed and security it does not use temp
>files. it aims to be fast, secure, and goof-proof (or at least highly
goof
>resistant). i really think [after it's configured] it's easy enough for
> people who are new to gpg but not dumbed down, so even power
>users
>should
>enjoy it.

Rename it YAPPP: Yet Another Pine-PGP Pipe.

Things like this already exist (for example, I use pgp4pine, and there are
even two with that name).  The big question is: can this version handle
pgp/mime, or does it do pgp/inline ?  A version that handles pgp/mime
would be a huge improvement, though it may require some flexibility on the
pine side.

--
Nicholas Paul Johnson
nickjohnsonSPAM^H^H^H^H at virginia.edu
http://manjac.ath.cx/nick
 _
( ) ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
 X                        - against microsoft attachments
/ \ http://www.google.com/search?q=ascii+ribbon