To my repeat anonymous responder.

gabriel rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Tue Feb 17 15:26:21 CET 2004

If you'd like to email me privately to have a conversation off the
list, please try NOT doing so from an email address to which I can't
respond. It's rather infuriating.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 08:20:23PM +0000, Anonymous Sender wrote:
> This is usually not a problem. The first message is delivered upon
> arrival (ie. _not_ kept in the incoming queue) and its Message-ID is
> stored in recently-arrived messages database. The next one(s) to come
> will be discarded by the recipe since its (their) Message-ID is already
> in the db.

That has the same problem as disabling delivery in Mailman: the
message delivered directly to my SMTP server is guaranteed to arrive
before the message delivered to the mailing list and, since the
sane way to sort mailing lists is on their headers (think Bcc for
why sorting on mailing list address is unacceptable), it will not
get sorted into the mailing list's mbox properly, which means it
ends up in my inbox and NOT in the mailing lists mbox which is
exactly NOT what I want.

> Read the `procmailex' man page and search for `msgid.cache'.

I'm quite familiar with that, thank you. It doesn't do any good in
this context.

One more time, same as before: if this were really a problem, I'd
have fixed it locally. It's not a problem frequently enough that a
polite request every once in a while is that big a deal. Please,
either drop it, or give me a way to respond to you privately.

Any further private, anymous emails will be discared.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net