GnuPG 1.2.4 Make Failure on AIX 4.3.3

Rusty Howell rhowell at bsc.edu
Tue Feb 24 08:20:59 CET 2004

Good Morning (or Evening) Everyone:

I am trying to make GnuPG 1.2.4 on an AIX 4.3.3 server.  I am using the IBM C compiler (cc), and successfully configure it using the following syntax:

(From the gnupg-1.2.4 directory)

CC=cc
./configure

I then try to make it, and receive the following error at the end of the 'make.' (right after it finishes making in the 'checks' subdir)

-----
Making all in checks
        ./gpg_dearmor > ./plain-1 < ./plain-1o.asc
gpg: can't lock memory: Not owner
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.

-----

I have researched this on as many sites as I can find to no avail.  I am logged in as 'root' and have even tried changing the default owner and group (which was 1000 , 1000 on most of the files) to root and system respectively.  That didn't work either.  If 'root' can't lock the memory, then who can?

If anyone can offer some assistance, I would really appreciate it.  I have been working on this for quite some time with no success and have exausted as many web site resources as I can find.

Many many thanks.

Rusty
rhowell at bsc.edu