Bus error on Solaris 9

E. Stuart Hicks ehicks at binarymagi.com
Tue Feb 24 15:17:10 CET 2004

The patch didn't help (although the change in asm-syntax.h was successful)
but disabling the assembly worked.  I've got both Sun's default assembler in
/usr/ccs/bin and GNU's in /usr/local/bin so I'm not sure which one it's
using.  (/usr/local/bin comes 1st in the path)  It's possible that whichever
one it's trying to use isn't compiling it properly.  It's also possible that
the sparc code doesn't work right on my ultrasparc processors.  I'll leave
that to you guys to figure out.  If you need an ultrasparc testbed just let
me know and I can hook you up.  Thanks!

Stu