gpg-agent and rpm --addsign

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Jan 9 12:58:01 CET 2004

Hello,

I would like to use gpg-agent to be able to automate signing of RPMs.
Has anyone successfully accomplished this?

My .rpmmacros has this:
%_signature gpg
%_gpg_name <My GPG Key Name>
%_gpg_path <Path to my special .gnupg directory>

If I start gpg-agent --daemon and save that info to .gpg-agent-info, I
want to read that file in a cron job and use the gpg-agent to sign an
auto-created RPM.

I can run rpm --addsign /path/to/rpm and manually enter the passphrase
without problems.  I want that passphrase "cached" in gpg-agent so a
cron job can do this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       Americas IT Hosting Sys Admin   |       .|||.       .|||.