I can't trust my own key?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 20:22:47 CET 2004

On Friday 09 Jan 2004 6:37 pm, extasia at extasia.org wrote:
> Greetings!
> When I run "--verify" on my own email, which I clearsign, I get
> something like:
>
>   gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!

>   pub  1024D/CFCEA5D0  created: 2001-07-07 expires: never      trust: -/-

You didn't retain the trustdb when you upgraded. gpg shows you the level of
trust in your key in the --edit-key screen as -/- untrusted.

Setting your key to ultimate trust will establish the starting point from
which GnuPG can calculate how to trust other keys.

>   $ gpg --edit-key cfcea5d0

Command> trust
enter 5
prompt: are you sure? y