Encrypting messages truncates trailing whitespace

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg at suspicious.org
Wed Jan 21 13:10:02 CET 2004

i'm not sure if i created confusion... i mean, does mutt use a script or
plug-in *between* itself and gpg/pgp?

AFAIK, all MUAs that use gpg/pgp need those programs to be installed
independently, but some MUAs talk directly to those programs (like kmail),
other MUAs have helper programs and scripts that let the MUA and the
encryption app talk to each other (like pine).

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 11:47:47AM -0500, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:
> > does mutt handle encryption/decryption by itself? or does it use an
> > external script or "plug-in" (like pine does)?
>
> I'm not perfectly clear on this, which is one reason I am unsure which
> program is at fault.  However, I do know that Mutt does not work without
> GPG being installed and correctly configured.  Reading some of the
> documentation[1], I see that Mutt can be used with multiple versions of
> PGP in addition to GPG.  Thus, I think it's a plugin.
>
> Nick
>
> [1] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Mutt-GnuPG-PGP-HOWTO-6.html

	...atom

 PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
 3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"Nationalism is the childness sickness of Man.
	 It is the whooping cough of adults"
		-- Albert Einstein