Encrypting messages truncates trailing whitespace

darren chamberlain dlc at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 21 13:05:43 CET 2004

* debianuser <debianuser at brown.edu> [2004/01/21 12:12]:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 11:47:47AM -0500, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:
> > does mutt handle encryption/decryption by itself? or does it use an
> > external script or "plug-in" (like pine does)?
>
> I'm not perfectly clear on this, which is one reason I am unsure which
> program is at fault.  However, I do know that Mutt does not work without
> GPG being installed and correctly configured.  Reading some of the
> documentation[1], I see that Mutt can be used with multiple versions of
> PGP in addition to GPG.  Thus, I think it's a plugin.

You configure mutt with the path to the commands to use to encrypt,
decrypt, and verify.  This path can point to PGP, GPG, or anything else
actually (such as a separate script that handles all the options for
you).  The results of that process are what mutt displays.

(darren)

--
Rescue the drowning and tie your shoelaces.
    -- Henry David Thoreau