gpg decrypting to an empty file

Tam McLaughlin tamm at scotlegal.com
Thu Jan 22 10:54:51 CET 2004

Hi,
I have the following setup

1. gpg 1.0.7 on linux with key A
2. windows winpt 1.0rc2 with key B
3. public keys for A and B have been exchanged

I encrypt a file with pub key B and open in windows
I change the file and encrypt with public key A back to linux
I decrypt and I get an ampty file.
Even if I do not specify an output file, the text does not get displayed on
screen yet the message indicates that the file has decrypted ok.
There should be no file permission problems.

e.g.

user: "wisdomit (wisdom it test key) <wisdom at scotlegal.com>"
1024-bit ELG-E key, ID EC3C54C2, created 2004-01-21 (main key ID 93965758)

gpg: public key encrypted data: good DEK
:encrypted data packet:
        length: unknown
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID EC3C54C2, created 2004-01-21
      "wisdomit (wisdom it test key) <wisdom at scotlegal.com>"
gpg: 3DES encrypted data
:compressed packet: algo=2
:literal data packet:
        mode b, created 1074767370, name="\\TAMM-LINUX\linux2win\tb.txt",
        raw data: 0 bytes
gpg: original file name='\\TAMM-LINUX\linux2win\tb.txt'
gpg: loaded digest 3
gpg: loaded digest 1
File `/tmp/tt' exists. Overwrite (y/N)? y
gpg: decryption okay

I can encrypt and decrypt on linux without any problems.
I know I should provide more information, but not sure what to provide.
Can anyone help with this problem.
Thanks.