lag time on mailing lists?

Marcus Frings iam-est-hora-surgere at despammed.com
Sat Jul 17 01:32:17 CEST 2004

* Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:43:46 -0400, Douglas F Calvert said:

>> Has anyone experienced any latency issues with messages being posted to
>> the list? I sent a message yesterday that has not made it to the list:

Yes, I also noticed this. A mail (actually it's a news posting for me)
from me took more than one week to show up in the list.

> If you are not subscribed it sometakes takes a while for a moderator
> to go over the pending postsings and frankly some might actually gte
> drowned in tghe spam.

I read this list and write to it via gmane.org so I would like to ask if
it's possible to make mails coming from gmane.org automatically mark as
subscribed. Gmane users must follow a TMDA-like procedure before their
mails will be sent through the gateway to the list. Thus I believe there
isn't coming spam from the gateway to the list.

> There is also the problem of high load due to the spam filtering and

Huh? I read some very high traffic mailing lists which use SA as spam
filter and there mails reach the list much faster.

> it sometimes takes a while to process all messages from the mail
> queue.

This reason is more understandable.

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Um einen Dämon zu rufen, muß man seinen Namen wissen. Einst haben die Menschen
davon geträumt, und jetzt ist es auf andere Weise Wirklichkeit geworden. Das