Permission denied on --gen-key

raineyj at WALCOINTL.com raineyj at WALCOINTL.com
Tue Jul 20 15:43:16 CEST 2004

New to GPG, I've searched the archives and FAQ, but found no reference  to
help me with this error.  My apologies if I have overlooked the answer to my
dilemma.

The result of my doing a "--gen-key" command is as follows:
	gpg:  no writable public keyring found:  eof
	Key generation failed:  eof
	gpg:  can't create 'c:\gnupg/random_seed': Permission denied

I've opened the permissions to full access and checked location and
existance of the files.
I'm sure this is a small issue, but any help and suggestions is greatly
appreciated.