Can't locate public key or pubring.gpg - followup

InHisGrip servie_platon at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 13:03:20 CEST 2004

Hi Atom,

Thanks for the reply.

Initially, I intend to use gnupg to encrypt and sign
or maybe just sign my emails because I wanted to make
sure that the email gets received by the intended
party as really coming from me.

But I have a lot of questions in mind since I am new
to gnupg.

For instance,

1. Can I make my keys from /home/servie logged in
root? Or shall I just logout of root and login using
ordinary account and make myself another set of keys?

2. Can I just mv ~/.gnupg to /home/servie? And log in
as user servie and be able to encrypt and sign.

3. Initially, I'd like to sign and encrypt attached
file from my linux box and scp or ssh the file from
this box to my windows machine in my small home
network so that I could send an email with this
attachment.

Is there a better way to do this? I find that all
gnupg experts who has emails replied to this user
group has their email signed.

I tried a windows frontend WinPT but it is hard to use
especially with clipboard.  Is there a fast way to
sign or encrypt emails from windows? How do you
customize your email so that all outgoing emails get a
begin pgp signed message and end with the gnupg users
list below? It's really cool and nice looking. My
account is yahoo.

And final question, any tips in sending encrypting
files across the internet using gnupg on top of scp or
ssh? I just need some ideas?

Thanks a lot! Special mention also to John who also
helped out.

InHisGrip,
Servie