using gnupg with a secure ldap (ldaps) keyserver

Sanchez the Cactus sanchezthecactus at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 19:39:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use gnupg to send my key to my company's keyserver.  The URL
scheme for the keyserver is ldaps://ldap.company.com:636/ou=pgp
keys,dc=company,dc=com.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get gpg to
recognize this url schema and connect successfully.  If I set the keyserver
option to be that url, i get:

 unable to execute program "gpgkeys_ldaps": No such file or directory
gpg: no handler for keyserver scheme "ldaps"

if i change it to simply be ldap instead of ldaps, I get:
gpgkeys: internal LDAP bind error: Can't contact LDAP server
gpg: keyserver internal error

is there a way to get this working?

Thanks,
-Joe
PS. please CC: me, as I'm not subscribed to the list