Wipe function details

Mark Kirchner mail at mark-kirchner.de
Tue Mar 30 22:04:25 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004, 9:35:53 PM, antalsia wrote:
> I'd like to know how the wipe function is implemented on GnuPG 1.2.4 :

Well, that's an easy one: It isn't. :-)

There is no wipe function in GnuPG. Secure file-wiping is quite
platform-dependant (or so I'm told) so it would be difficult to
implement it in a cross-platform-tool like GnuPG.

And then there also the UNIX-philosophy: Do only one thing
(cryptography in this case), but do that one right.

Regards,
Mark Kirchner

Key (0x19DC86D3): http://www.mark-kirchner.de/keys/key-mk.asc