unknown decryption error messages

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 7 18:05:00 CEST 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004 18:08:56 -0400 , Hunter, Bryan said:

> Can some one describe the procedure for converting the imported key pair
> (abc) into the natively created key pair (wwxxyyzz).  Presumably this
> involves some way of signing the secret key.

Sorry, I don't know what you want to achieve.  You can't convert a key
into another one - or do just want to change the associated user ID
("abc" to "wwxxyyzz (wwxxyyzz) <wwxxyyzz>")?

> The original problem is still some issue with decryption - possibly having
> to do with the sign bit on some size field.

> 	gpg: onepass_sig with unknown version 201
> 	gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=43)

I am pretty sure that this is corrupted data.  Usually this happens if
you don't use binary mode for FTP .

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner