Key expiration in PGP (CKT)

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Tue May 11 13:13:31 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.31, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
> my Key 0xEE0977E8 had an expiration date which I changed last year.
> Now I had a keysigning with a pgp 6.5.8-ckt user and he told me, that
> my key is expired. He fetched the key from different servers and "all
> keys" showed as expired. Do you know if this pgp version couldn't
> handle the changed expiration?

AFAIK, you're right, older PGP versions don't handle chagned expiration
dates correctly. You can, however, use gpg --edit and delete the older
selfsigs, and send that modified key to the PGP user (he will need to
delete your key, of course, and not update it from anywhere else, or
the old selfsigs will be there again...)

greetings & HTH
-- vbi

--
The content of this message may or may not reflect the opinion of me, my
employer, my girlfriend, my cat or anybody else, regardless of the fact