Outlook and mozilla mail

Bill Thompson Billt at Mahagonny.com
Thu Nov 18 21:15:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:51:20 -0600
"Lorenzo Maldonado M." <sist.mex at ovoplus.com> wrote:

> Hi! I have the next problem, I have a user using Outlook2000,
> g-data(0.91 now outlgpg-0.94) plugin, gnupg1.2.5, and gpgshell3.30rc.
> Other users are using Mozilla mail 1.7.3, enigmail0.8.5, gnupg1.2.5, and
>
> gpgshell3.30rc
>
> When I send a message encrypt with attachments (from mozilla mail to
> outlook), mozilla mail give 3 opcions to encrypt, when I select the 3rd
> option (PGP/MIME) the message is send in one file (encrypted.asc), then
> when I was to unencrypt in outlook, it can't unencrypt the message.  How
>
> can I resolv this problem?
>
> When I select the 1st or the 2nd option I don't have problems to
> encrypt/unencrypt with this mua's (outlook, mozilla mail)
>
> Do you known how to resolv it problem??
> Thanks!

Unfortunately I believe the answer is don't use Outlook. Outlook and
Outlook express do not recognize PGP/MIME formatted attachments. Neither
program allows you to add mime-types to the system, so you are stuck with
in-line signatures or nothing.

This has been an ongoing problem for me as well, so please feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Bill Thompson
BillT at Mahagonny.com