incrementel asymetric encryption?

Mads Laursen gnupg at dossen.dk
Mon Nov 22 00:15:03 CET 2004

On 21/11/04 19.01, Jan Lühr wrote:
> Greetings,...
> Am Sonntag, 21. November 2004 13:12 schrieben Sie:
> > | But how  can I decrypt the whole log at once - or how can I encrypt
> >
> > the log
> >
> > | incremental, to create one big GPG Message?
> >
> > Well, the log is full of GPG start/end headers like
> >
> > You can use csplit(3) to split the logs into corresponding PGP chunks.
> > Something like:
>
> >  for i in xx*; do gpg <OPTIONS> $i -o $i.out; done
>
> Well, by that, I can either use a key without a passphrase or I have to enter
> the passphrase several times.  But I want to decrypt the whole log at once
> without not having any passphrase and without entering some a dozen times.

How about writing a small script to do it. Just have the script prompt
for the password and feed it to each gpg-instance via the
--passphrase-fd option. Not as safe as letting gpg prompt for it, but
it should be doable without resorting to having the password in a file.

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
                -- Albert Einstein