Symmetric encryption and mdc

Zuxy zuxy.meng at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:23:50 CEST 2004

Mainly for compatibility reasons, GnuPG uses MDC for symmetric
encryption only if you're using a newer cipher, which in turn means
that the expected repecient has a better chance to have an MDC-enabled
decoder (pgp or gpg).

As for "force-mdc' in gpg.conf, I guess there's no drawback when you
symmetrically encrypt a file only to yourself.

--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,