GPGrelay 0.955 released

Kevin Coates lists at kcoates.com
Fri Oct 22 16:30:41 CEST 2004

Hello GnuPG-Users,

It looks like Andreas has been busy.

The change log below:

Version 0.955 ; release-date: 2004-Oct-22

* GPGrelay:

 o More Dialogs have now proper Parent/Child-Hierarchy to disable some
   unwanted Non- Modality (and proper positioning)

 o GPGrelay now always tries to keep selections in lists/trees when
   reloading keys

 o Revoked/Expired/Disabled Subkeys are now also shown in keyviews
  (still missing similar feature for primary keys)

 o Revoke UserID is now also available through GPGrelay-GUI

 o Untrusted UserIDs are now also grayed out in the Key-Displays

 o Advanced debug-compiler-define for deadlock-checking (very
   experimental, might not working as intended, have to find out :)) At
   least it helped to catch one deadlock-situation with
   GPGrelay-shutdown while being asked for a passphrase so it wasn't
   worthless effort... (Not active in Release-Builds! In case you suffer
   from GPGrelay hanging, you might want to give the debug-build a try!)

 o STARTTLS/STLS is now always defaulting to TLS-Connection as some
   servers abort connection with an SSL2-Hello and don't negotiate TLS
  (or did I simply miss something in the OpenSSL-Doc?)

 o Log Full Protocol does now also show the StartTLS-Chitchat.

 o Some small improvements with Logging (still quite slow for large
   mails when log full bodies is turned on)

 o GPGrelay isn't that picky about email-addresses anymore, so it will
   work with internal email-addresses like "user at domain" or simply
   "user". Nevertheless GPGrelay is matching full strings, so
   "user at domain" doesn't match with a fully given "user at domain.com", so
   basically this one is only useful for giving aliases to GPGrelay
   (doubt it's useful to have abbreviated emails inside userids).

 o The PhotoID-Display can now be resized

 o Changed some dialog-texts to have Mnemonics (underlined chars) now,
   so you can navigate a bit more easily with the keyboards by pressing
   "Alt+Mnemonic" (don't hesitate to tell me missing/duplicate ones;
   this came late and is a boring issue, so I guess I haven't checked
   all dialogs properly... Suggested to be incorporated in current and
   future translations too.)

 o --autoexportsettings is now also working when shutting down win2k
   (GPGrelay is now creating the .reg-file by itself instead of
   executing regedit.exe to export the entries)

 o Simple Password-Spy-Detection should alarm you when someone
   unauthorized (eg. Spyware or Backdoor) is trying to read a passphrase
   from a GPGrelay-Dialog

 o Better support of crippled keys: VerifyPassphrase doesn't only rely
   on a signing-(sub)key anymore.

 o Better handling of non-canonical lineendings from broken servers

 o Little GUI-Fix: Relay-Dialog with IMAP and SSL is now properly
   changing the default-ports.

 o Changed a few lines of code so GPGrelay will now compile directly
   with VC.NET 2003 -- to my surprise the run through VC.NET also
   revealed embarrassing misuse of some MFC-Macros, so this experiment
   was more than worthwhile!

* SMTP:
 o Hide BCC-Recipient introduced blank additional line

 o Some more troubles with "No secret primary Key" solved (should now
   work as intended) basically due to the fact that there is a way to
   fetch Usage-Flags for secret keys from GPG.

* POP3:
 o Disabled Nagle-Algorithm (send coalescing) for local->remote-relay.

 o Some more Line-Ending-Issues solved (fewer lines added/removed)

* IMAP:
 o There is nothing I'll do here ... who is willing to care for IMAP-code?

- --
Kevin Coates
Dewitt, NY USA
(see kludges for my pgp key)