[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.91 released (development)

Servie Platon servie_tech at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 19:09:20 CEST 2004

Hi folks,

I have a small home network comprising of mixed
desktop and laptop machines running Windows XP and
FC2.

I already have a working gnupg version 1.2.6 which I
downloaded from gnupg site and have compiled myself
without a problem.

Now, Mr. Kai Raven mentioned and encourages to try out
the development release, see below:

> We strongly encourage people to try this development
release and
> report any feedback or problems to
gnupg-devel at gnupg.org.

Compiles and runs without problems under Fedora Core 2

--
Ciao
Kai

My questions are these:

1. I would like to try out the development version and
compile from source. Since, I have already a working
copy and have compiled myself, how do I upgrade from
version 1.2.6 to 1.3.91 so that I could try out the
development stage?

I have printed the GNU Privacy Handbook and I don't
seem to find any info on how to make an upgrade.
Should I just make another compile from source? Any
suggestions or URL would be appreciated.

2. Is this development branch stable already?

3. And finally, for my windows desktops, I have found
some info here:
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/gpgconf.html
wherein, I have downloaded  GnuPG 1.2.5 compiled for
Microsoft Windows and just followed the instructions
and voila.

Now, likewise for my windows client desktops, I would
like to try out the development version of gnupg for
windows. Is there a working binary for this particular
development version at the gnupg site?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Servie