gpg: fatal: can't open /dev/urandom on AIX 5.2

Mamta Mehra mamta.mehra at us.ing.com
Mon Oct 25 15:59:28 CEST 2004

We are implementing GnuPGP 1.2.1 on AIX 5.2. when we try to creating the
PGP keys, we are getting following error:
gpg: fatal: can't open /dev/urandom:

Our Unix team have verified the access to /dev/urandom device from user.
Alternatively, we have also failed to create GPG keys when running as Unix
root user.

Looking forward for help.
Regards,

Mamta Mehra
ING AMERICAS - Technology Management Office

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.