Smartcard error

Peter L. Smilde peter.smilde at smilde-becker.net
Fri Apr 8 23:39:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

With gpg v1.4.1 under Debian I succeeded in transferring my subkeys to the
OpenPGP smartcard. Running "gpg --card-status" and "gpg --card-edit" works
fine. And "date | gpg ---clearsign | gpg -v" is also  functioning. But
calling "date | gpg -er "my-name" | gpg -d" fails with the next error
messages:

 date | gpg -er '7BBC5696!' | gpg -d

PIN
gpg: ccid_transceive failed: (0x1000a)
gpg: apdu_send_simple(0) failed: card I/O error
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 7BBC5696, created 2005-04-01
      "my_uid"
gpg: public key decryption failed: general error
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

The same command run fine under Win-XP (with the same smartcard, the same
sc-reader (SCR 355) and the same version of gpg).

Any explanation?

--

Peter