potentially serious problem (was Re: WinPT on Windows NT problem)[C

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 12 00:09:36 CEST 2005

Timo Schulz wrote:

>I don't know the exact version of IE which is needed. And I still think
>that today a newbie would rather use XP than any older W32 version.

Should, perhaps, But can? I've constructed some PC's from old (P1-P2
hardware) that was dumped by companies, installed win98SE on it and
gave them to some people who don't have much money to spare. XP doesn't
run on such hardware, but I'd like to teach those people something
about security and encryption. But first I'll have to teach them how
NOT to install spyware that crashes the PC so they'll have to call
me to clean it up. :-( .

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html