GPGME and Debian

Harry Brueckner harry_b at eml.cc
Mon Apr 11 23:10:00 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

>>  2. I compiled t-encrypt-sign.c manually and linked it against my
>>     systems library running the command
>>     'gcc -lgpgme  t-encrypt-sign.c -o t-encrypt-sign'
>>

>You need -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.  I past the relevant section of the
>manual below.
>
>This is a FQ, we probably should have a FAQ.

Thanks for your reply. The setting of -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 fixes this
problem. I do use autoconf and also call 'gpgme-config' to find out
which CFLAGS I need. Shouldn't this be returned by 'gpgme-config --cflags'?

One more question which I couldn't find any answer for so far - is there
a way to get the keys a file is encrypted for? gpg shows this
information right before it shows the decrypted data and also with
'--list-only'. Maybe you can help me find an answer for this issue as well?

Thanks alot for your help!!

Harry