GPGME and Debian

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 12 00:15:12 CEST 2005

At Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:10:00 +0200,
Harry Brueckner <harry_b at eml.cc> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. The setting of -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 fixes this
> problem. I do use autoconf and also call 'gpgme-config' to find out
> which CFLAGS I need. Shouldn't this be returned by 'gpgme-config --cflags'?

I wouldn't think so.  The config scripts are traditionally just for
the compiler and linker arguments to find the header files and the
libraries whereever they are installed.  It's a no-brainer.

Setting the file offset bits to 64 is a deeply penetrating decision
that must be done consciously by the developer, and needs to be
coordinated with the other libraries used and the application code.
It has global, far-reaching effects.

> One more question which I couldn't find any answer for so far - is there
> a way to get the keys a file is encrypted for? gpg shows this
> information right before it shows the decrypted data and also with
> '--list-only'. Maybe you can help me find an answer for this issue as well?

Werner forwarded me your suggestion on gnupg-user from a while ago.
It is easy to add, and I think I can do it soon.  The information is
already provided by gnupg, we just need to store it in the result
structure.

> Thanks alot for your help!!

np.  Note that such issues are all more appropriately for gnupg-devel,
which I am following (I don't follow gnupg-users, sorry).

Thanks,
Marcus