Retrieving signature from message that was encrypted and signed in one step

Patrick Chkoreff patrick at fexl.com
Tue Apr 19 00:39:34 CEST 2005

I have a message that was encrypted and signed in one step.  When I
decrypt it, I can read the message and see that the signature is valid.
  So far so good.

I would now like to relay this message to a third party so he can
verify the signature too.  But as far as I know, GPG has no way to do
this.

Can GPG do this?  If not, why not?  Is this lack of ability actually a
feature?  I suppose it could be a feature, because this gives the
sender a way to prove to ME that he signed something, without giving me
a way to prove that to anyone else.

Is that the reason why what I want to do is not possible with GPG?

Thanks,
Patrick