importing large keyring

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-cryptography-gnupg-users at silbe.org
Wed Apr 20 14:17:31 CEST 2005

Hi!

Recently (somewhere around the update from gnupg 1.2.x to 1.4.x) my
keyring got corrupted:

sascha at cube:~$ gpg --export > /dev/null
gpg: buffer shorter than subpacket
gpg: signature packet without timestamp
gpg: buffer shorter than subpacket
gpg: signature packet without keyid
gpg: buffer shorter than subpacket
[...]

However, most of the keys are still OK, so I'd like to use the output of
"gpg --export" to re-create the keyring.
The keyring is rather large (70MB) and after importing several thousand
keys gpg uses more memory than is available as physical RAM, so it's
continously swapping. After 2 days without significant progress I've
aborted the import.
Is there a way to split up the keydump into chunks of some thousand
keys, so I can process those one after another?

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/