--openpgp, MDC and similar flags

Peter Palfrader gnupg-users=gnupg.org at lists.palfrader.org
Thu Dec 1 12:04:13 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> ... as you can see, MDC is set. Referring to
> http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2003-May/018442.html and
> RFC2440 I assume that MDC is still not part of the standard. Why is it
> activated in my key? (Of course this is a good thing, but I just wonder
> that if "openpgp" did not work for MDC, other things might be
> "incompatible", too)
>

> 2) What other things does GPG that are beyond RFC2440?

> 3) Are there any other flags like MDC? I know about keyserver-no-modify
> but that is documented in RFC2440.

GnuPG is staying up to date with the changes that have been proposed
after RFC2440 was released.  The IETF OpenPGP working group is now in
its last steps to release a new internet draft, the current snapshot of
their work is 2440bis-15.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-15.txt

MDC and back signatures (0x19) are specified there.

HTH,
Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal