GnuPG Upgrade Problems

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:16:21 CET 2005

Hi

Wasn't sure whether to send this into a Debian list or a GnuPG list.
Mailed my request for help here because I thought Werner might want
to read about it...

My own workstation was running Debian testing back in February.  For
various reasons I was only able to upgrade through Debian Sarge to
the latest testing about two weeks ago.  After upgrading I found that
the box was asking to install GnuPG2 from the Debian site.  I have
already installed GnuPG 1.9.11 from source from the GnuPG.org site.
The GnuPG file that wants to install itself is...

gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb

I've checked the MD5 sum for this.  It's correct.  Without this the
system can't update itself and I can't install any updates.  Can
anyone offer any advice how to get out of this without breaking
anything ?  More info below...

# apt-get -f install gnupg2
(Reading database ... 268500 files and directories currently
installed.)
Unpacking gnupg2 (from .../gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error
processing /var/cache/apt/archives/gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb
(--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/kbxutil', which is also in package
gnupg
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /var/cache/apt/archives/gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb

# dpkg -i gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb
Unpacking gnupg2 (from gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing gnupg2_1.9.15-6_i386.deb (--install):

--
Richard