Moving the GPG keys from 1 machine to another

amit bhalerao abhalerao at apple.com
Tue Dec 20 00:15:21 CET 2005

Hi ,

     We have just completed the migration of the application from 1
AIX box to another and have changed the encryption from PGP to GPG.
Since there are many external vendors involved the process is bit
tedious following up with vendor to change keys.
     JUst wanted to confirm in case if we move the application from 1
AIX box to another :
1.  Do we have to create a new GPG keys on new machine and send it
to vendor and repeat the tedious process again everytime we move to
new machine?
2. Is there any way we can migrate GPG keys from old box to new box
without following up with vendors to change key at their end?
         If anyone has done before please let me know.

Thanks,
Amit