Issue in decrypting file

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Dec 27 17:08:06 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 04:22:51PM -0800, amit bhalerao wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>     We are decrypting a file using GPG mechanism. We have send the
> GPG keys to vendor . However when i decrypt the file i get the
> following Log message :-
>
> COMMAND:-
> ---------------
> echo  AAAAAA | /ngs/lpp/gpg/bin/gpg --no-tty --passphrase-fd 0 --
> output decyryted_file.TXT --decrypt encrypted_file.TXT.pgp
> gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
> gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
> gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID XXXXXXX, created 2005-12-05
>       "XXXXXXXXXX"
> gpg: Signature made Thu Dec 22 21:06:26 2005 GMT using DSA key ID XXXXX
> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
> The error status of the command is 2 .
>
> If anyone has face this issue before please let me know.

This isn't an error.  It just means that the person who sent the file
signed it and GPG is warning you that you don't have that person's key
so you can verify the signature.  GPG will decrypt the file anyway,
but you might want to get a copy of the vendor's key so you can verify
the signature.

David