Are gpg signatures considered attachments?

Thorsten Haude linux at thorstenhau.de
Thu Dec 29 14:49:54 CET 2005

Hi,

* Thorsten Haude wrote (2005-12-28 10:46):
>If possible, attach one of your mails from your outbound folder and
>from the list folder. (I'm not sure the others would approve though,
>so send the mails to me privately. Let's keep the discussion on the
>list though.)

So the problem is indeed QP-reencoding, but not in a way I would have
expected. The last part of the body of your mails are different:

Good:
- - - Schnipp - - -
So, again, just what is causing the 'bad' signature? =20
Question for anyone, what mailing list software is being used?

=2D-=20
Chris
- - - Schnapp - - -

Bad:
- - - Schnipp - - -
So, again, just what is causing the 'bad' signature?=20=20
Question for anyone, what mailing list software is being used?

--=20
Chris
- - - Schnapp - - -

I'm not too sure about QP, the bad version might even have the
cleaner encoding (Why is the dash encoded?), but it should never have
touched the signed part anway. Either pass is through, or, if it is
considered dangerous, block it.

>So whack it over the head. These things can be changed. What software
>do they use? What does the list provider say? What does the creator of
>the mailing list say?

I tried to search Sympa's bug tracker, but it doesn't work (at least
not the way I used it). So my next step would be to contact the Sympa
guys to let them know, through the bug tracker and/or through one of
their mailing lists. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thorsten
--
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,
adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.