RSA subkeys

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 00:24:25 CET 2005

Atom Smasher wrote:

>> In the UK, the trick of adding a message "This key is not requested by
>> the governemnt" and removing the message if it is can be used.

>huh? i'm not sure how that works... tell me more...

You add a message to all your encrypted files and your key with such a text.
If the gouvernment requests the key, you remove the message.

Bruce Schneier reported some library did the same with gouvernment requests
to log internet activity. They put up a sign "XXX days without logging",
and the suddenly removed the sign, making obvious what happened.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html