GnuPG ME: How do we use the --keyring GnuPG option via GnuPG ME?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 10 17:19:29 CET 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:58:35 -0500, mconahan at iotest org said:

> GnuPG options "--homedir", "--keyring", "--no-default-keyring", and
> "--secret-keyring" for a context (at a minmum I need the use of the
> latter three)?

No. We won't even support  --keyring in the future because the concept
of a keyring may change over time.  The only configuration which makes
sense is a different homedir.

> If there is not a way 'out of the box', where in the GPGME source
> would I have to add the above GnuPG arguments, in order to have them
> sent to GnuPG along with the rest of the arguments already specified
> in the context? Would it be the function "build_argv" in rungpg.c?

This should work for you, however there is no guantee that this will
work in the future.  Better plan ahead and make use of different
Homedirs than to switch keyrings.  One goal of gpgme is to hide the
actual implementation of the engine and the keyring is such a thing.
Even the notation of a homedir might eventually be different between
gpgme and a backend engine (i.e. gpg).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner