New to GPG

Adam Cormany acormany at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 15:55:50 CET 2005

I've installed GPG 1.2.1 onto AIX 4.3.3. I also have
GPG 1.4.0 installed on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation.
My goal is to encrypt a file on the AIX box and
decrypt the file on the Windows box. I would prefer to
not have to enter the passphrase on the Windows box if
possible to try to automate the process of decryption.

I have done the following:
On AIX:
1) Installed GPG
2) gpg --gen-key, created my key-pair with 1024 bit
DSA and ElGamal, with a passphrase.
3) gpg --output key.out --export
4) Created an ASCII test file named "testfile"
5) gpg --recipient "Adam Cormany" --output test.out
--sign --armor --yes --no-version --comment "Created
by Adam on `date`" --encrypt testfile
6) FTP'd key.out (in binary) and test.out (in ASCII)
to Windows box.

On Windows:
1) Installed GPG
2) gpg --import key.out (imported successfully)
3) gpg --edit-key "Adam Cormany", trust, 5, y, quit
4) gpg --output testd.out --decrypt test.out
I receive the following error when doing step 4:
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

Could someone please tell me what step I'm missing or
if I'm incorrectly trying to encrypt from AIX and
decrypting to Windows?

Thanks in advance,
Adam