Using GnuPG to sign web pages.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 14:55:36 CET 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 11:28 am, Carlo Luciano Bianco wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We have put online a brief tutorial on a possible use of GnuPG (or any
> other OpenPGP-compliant software) to sign web pages. It is at:
>
> <http://tjl73.altervista.org/HTML_sign_tutorial/tutorial_frame_en.html>
>
> Suggestions and comments are welcome!

Section about checksums: Why not use a valid attribute like title or id
instead of inventing chksum? Title will show up in a tool-tip, id can be used
as a link.

Now what we need is a method for displaying the validity of the signature
within the main browser application window.

Maybe a little script to sit in the Konqueror Tools menu? It already supports
HTML validation with W3C and lots of other tools, this could be added.

--

Neil Williams