Web of trust in Southwest Ohio, USA

Jason Barnett jason.barnett at telesuite.com
Mon Jan 24 15:56:30 CET 2005

Adam Cripps wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:58:28 -0500, Jason Barnett
> <jason.barnett at telesuite.com> wrote:
>
>>Jason Barnett wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>After I wrote this I thought of one other question.  I submitted my
>>first public key to several keyservers (you can find it by going to
>>http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x74D2856A).
>>  As I understand it one person will often use multiple private keys
>>(perhaps one for personal, one for work, one for when you get fired and
>>start working somewhere else).
>>
>>- Should I create a personal key and use that as my "primary" private
>>key... and then assign other keys as "secondary" keys as needed?
>>
>>I'm asking this mostly from a management perspective.  I understand how
>>to do what I'm asking, I'm just asking if my line of thinking is correct
>>or if I should be managing my keys in some other way.  Thanks again!
>

> I currently have one keypair and I use this on two machines - my
> secure personal machine, owned by me, and a laptop owned by my
> employer. When I use my key on my employer's machine,  I store my
> private key on my usb storage device.
>
> Adam

Thank you for this tip.  Now I need to go find my local GLUG and ask
them what filesystem format to use on the USB... I currently am using
Windows machines, but next time I get a new computer at home (which will
be relatively soon) I'm not even going to bother with MS anymore.  At
least not more than I have to.  :-/