2.6.3i

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 27 10:37:18 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:21:04 +0100 (MET), Johan Wevers said:

> Does that mean GnuPG will drop support as well? As I understand it, IDEA

No.  Unless you use --openpgp.

> support for 1.9.x is already dropped, or is it easy to compile IDEA support
> into libgcrypt the same way as into gpg 1.x?

libgcrypt features a generic mechanism to load and unload new
algorithms; so after the expiration of the patent you may do that.
However I doubt why you still want a cipher using 64 bit blocks at
that time.

Anyway don't let us heat up the discussion again ;-)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner