Are all the UIDs on a key supposed to be equal?

Benjamin Esham bdesham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 00:55:20 CET 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Albert Reiner wrote:

> [Benjamin Esham <bdesham at gmail.com>, Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:19:00 -0500]:
>
>> Recently I changed e-mail addresses.  In order to update my GPG keys,
>> should I just generate a new subkey and revoke the old ones?  What
>> effect(s) will revoking my old subkeys have?
>
> Look closely: those are revoked user IDs (UID), not revoked subkeys
> (SUB).  Look at --edit-key and the ADDUID and REVUID commands.

Okay, I had a look at the manual, and I think I know what to do now.
However,
the manual didn't really make clear what will happen after I revoke my
old UID.
If I just revoke the old UID and then distribute my updated public key,
will
people will be able to use it without a hitch?  Thanks!

--
Benjamin D. Esham        {        http://bdesham.net
bdesham at gmail.com        }        AIM: bdesham 1 2 8