smart card + gpg only root

Federico Munerotto mune72 at tiscali.it
Tue Jul 19 13:05:16 CEST 2005

I received the fsfe felloship card and I'm trying to use it.

I Installed gnupg-1.4.1, ccid-0.9.3 and pcsc-lite-1.2.9-beta7.
For all them I did (as root) 'make install'.

As root I launch
# /usr/local/sbin/pcscd

# ./gpg --card-status
works but still as *root*.

My user is the group scard but as long as only the root user can have
access to the smart card it remains useless. I think it is a trivial
permission issue: any help?

A workaround would be telling evolution to use sudo gpg instead of gpg,
but there isn't a way to do that.
--
Fede
       mune (at) fsfe.org            Ing. Federico Munerotto